Prime Minister Mark Carney said Thursday that Canada will match U.S. President Donald Trump’s 25% auto tariffs with a tariff on vehicles imported from the United States.
Automaker Stellantis announced that it is halting production on its Windsor, Ont., manufacturing facility for two weeks, with a notice saying Trump's tariffs were the reason.
Here are the key announcements and actions Trump has taken since he returned to the White House and launched his trade war with Canada, and how we got here.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford says he was relieved to see Canada is not facing any of U.S. President Donald Trump's new ...
OTTAWA--The premier of Canada's most populous province, Ontario, says Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney will deliver a "measured response" to the U.S. decision to proceed with 25% tariffs on foreign ...
( NewsNation) — Ontario Premier Doug Ford sounded a conciliatory note Wednesday after President Trump announced a new slate of tariffs on foreign trade partners — minus Canada and Mexico.
Alberta Premier DANIELLE SMITH claimed a “big win” for Canada, mostly, “with work to be done of course.” Auto parts honcho ...
I had an interesting interview last night with Premier Doug Ford of Ontario, one of Canada’s loudest critics of President ...
For over a year before the November 2024 presidential election, Donald Trump had been signalling he planned to impose ...
Ontario Premier Doug Ford tells Wolf Blitzer what he’s expecting from President Trump’s tariff announcement and explains why ...
Ontario Premier Doug Ford proposed Wednesday that Canada could drop its tariffs on US imports — if President Trump did the ...
Ontario’s premier reiterated his call for Canada to strike a bilateral trade deal with the US, cutting out Mexico, hours ...